Pages

Tuesday 21 June 2016

Key Idea Investigation

WALT: Respond to a text.
SC:I can explain and describe 1 key idea from the book My Name Is Mina.

Key Idea: Your uniqueness is your magic, and your uniqueness is something you should be proud.

Find evidence in the text showing this idea.

Chapter 1: When Mina’s class was doing a writing assessment, she was distracted by a cloud of shimmering flies. Well writing a plan before that she wrote a different story not relating to the plan, from then on she got a growling. Her response was “It didn’t want to” I think this scenario relates to the story because she has an open mindset and she is unique compared to the other kids in her class.

Chapter 2: Mina loves to climb trees, I know for a fact that she loves mother nature, I think this relates to my idea because I think most kids in her class don’t usually like being outside, they are lazy and unenergetic. So this is something she should be proud of, her uniqueness.

Chapter 3: Mina likes to write stories of myth and legend characters, she writes stories of “Mina in the Underworld” her characters are Orpheus, Persephone, and Pluto. I think this relates to my idea because not many kids write stories about myth and legend characters. And she is also a very creative kid, she is also uses her imagination.
Here is my investigation about 1 key idea from the book My Name Is Mina, We have read 16 chapters, It was a long time but I have learnt a thing or two... Please leave a comment!

0 comments:

Post a Comment