Pages

Thursday 1 June 2017

Samoan Language Week Task

WALA: Samoa and it's Culture.

Talofa Lava, as you all know it is Samoan Language Week. I am proud of my culture and strive to represent my country and the future. I am part Tongan and Samoan. In this task we were given questions to answer like; How far is Samoa from New Zealand? What are the names of it's two main islands, What is the capital of Samoa? , and how many people live in Samoa at the moment. 
Image result for Samoan Flag

My favourite questions to answer was "Who is a famous Samoan" and "Who is your favourite famous Samoan" I answered David Tua. Although he is a retired professional boxer, he is still well known for his brutal punching force, especially in his left hook. The reason why he is my favourite Samoan, is because he is a Humble winner. When he won his fights, he congratulated his opponent. 

Who is your favourite Samoan? and why?

Feel free to leave a comment!
Many thanks :) 

3 comments:

Ms. Komor said...

I like the use of the Samoan flag in your post Gary. What does the word 'humble' mean to you?

Anonymous said...

Humble to me means, not getting cocky when you win. Always congratulating the opposition no matter what. Winning or Losing. Humble Winners and Gracious Losers

Anonymous said...

Hi gary Like how you have represented your culture.I also loved the famous person you have chosen for this presentation.Good to know what you have wrote.:)

Post a Comment