Pages

Wednesday 28 June 2017

Buddy Reading Reflection

IALT: Talk about what I learnt and did during the time I spent with Buddy Reading.

Yesterday I had a great time with Elijah because  saw he was starting to build confidence and self esteem in himself. Not only was he doing better at Reading the books, bu he was also getting more and more better at memorising the information and then when it came to me asking him questions, he didn't bother to look like her didn't know. I was proud of myself because I had begun to start helping my buddy for what I came down here to do. Help him get better at Reading, that's all that matters while I spend time with him.

Image result for Reading Image result for Reading

On some occasions he doesn't know some of the words, I don't expect him to because they look like words that a Year 4 should be reading, not a year 2. But that's why I'm there, I can tell when he's stuck because he either stops and pauses, or tries to sound it out himself, to me I think that what ever is going around in his tiny head, he will one day because able to problem solve and then be able to recognise words without the need of any assistance. 


Image result for Reading
The best part of the session was when I had to ask him questions about the book he just read. I could imagine him in a few years time taking my place as a Student Leader and helper to help the younger students. He reminds me of when I was younger, the help I needed, and who helped me to do it. Those who helped my class then have already moved onto college, back in intermediate we were big fish in a small pond, but out there in college , small fish in a big pond . One day hoping to grow bigger, maturer and continue to apply the things we learnt in Intermediate into our daily lives.

Image result for Reading

Leaving him after buddy reading , doesn't get me down too much because I know he will be there the next day. I can't wait to see the things he will improve in the next years, as I depart to college next year I will be leaving behind some tips on how to become a great student at Tamaki Primary, like me. 
Image result for Reading


A challenge I faced was when other students weren't doing what they were told to do, they would get smart often and wouldn't do as I asked. Ms Komor told All Student Council members that were are a prime example of the students who were are destined to be. 

My next learning steps , is to help him pick a level higher book.

Feel free to leave a comment,
Many thanks :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment