Pages

Thursday 22 June 2017

Boardgames Thursday Reflection.

IALT: Write about me helping some of the little kids play board games. 

Today during Lunchtime it was Boardgames Thursday, I wasn't assigned to do this duty but since one of the leaders was away I had the initiative to take his place and personally watch over the little kids. For me it was my first time there and to be honest it was filled with little kids, and some of the seniors. It was noisy and the little kids that were running around looked like little monkeys swinging from tree to tree. I didn't mind because I was already playing a Chess game with one of my friends Falakiko, at first I thought it was going to be easy to beat him but then halfway through the game I was losing. I don't like losing so I tried my best to beat him, I was doing alright until we were disturbed, he ended up winning and said he was the 'reigning champion overall' 

Image result for Chess

Next time I'll be better, he'll see. Anyways, walking around the hall and observing the little kids made me feel like I was back in Room 2, acting like a little kids with no knowledge whatsoever on what was the right thing to do. Luckily, Ms Komor was there and she helped calm the little kids down so the volume wasn't too noisy for the people recording next door. I was bored walking around doing nothing so I decided to join one of the juniors figure out how to solve a 'Hairy Maclary"  puzzle. Sometimes puzzles make me angry when I don't get the right piece in the right place but this time I was accompanied by two of my other peers, Sifa and Siale. 

Image result for Hairy Maclary

With both helping hands we soon managed to solve the puzzle but three pieces were missing. While we were too busy working hard enough, a little kid decided to come and watch us solve the puzzle, our teacher then asked if we could get a piece and give it to him to solve and put it in the right place. I felt like I was in the middle of the attention, and so I decided to walk away from the business and go to another task.

Image result for Hairy Maclary missing piece

Watching the time go by, I was stunned at how fast time goes by, I sometimes hear 'When your have fun, time goes by really fast, when your bored, times goes really slow' This was a clear example, that saying was true. I was having fun, but as the Bell Monitor of the school it's my responsibility to fulfill my duties. Before I went to ring the bell I packed up the hall, ready for everyone to go back to class. Next week would be the same thing, but better.

Image result for Time

In the hall something I found challenging was beating Kiko at his 'own game' Chess. I'm not a huge fan of Chess but I gave it a go and the result of losing came upon me. 
I hope next week can be a little more different with more seniors turning up, rather then all the Student Council Leaders.

Feel free to leave a comment.
Many thanks :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey gary i like how you know what to say at the right place in time and good job on 600 blog pasts ceep it up :)

Anonymous said...

HEY!! gary you are doing well so don't give up. keep it up. also i like how you used powerful words and lot's of ideas of t what you and your class talk about. well done don't give up.

Post a Comment