Pages

Thursday 22 June 2017

Reliever Reflection

IALT: Share with my audience what I learnt yesterday. 

With our normal teacher on release yesterday, the job of looking after and ensuring we were on the right path were rested on the shoulders of both Ms Aireen and Ms Thompson. But my day didn't get off to a good start, I was 7 minutes late with about 9-10 other boys, and most of us were Student Leaders, it's like somehow we didn't get the message, I was determined to be set an example and be a role model or those 'yet to come leaders' . 
Image result for school
In the morning we had Ms Thompson, it was great because all she did was read the role and the class was into work, with no hesitation and no distraction. During the first hour of the block I accomplished a massive goal of reaching 600 blog posts! I blogged about it and received 9 comments, all from Tamaki Teachers, I was determined to have a growth mindset and surpass Willy of being Tamaki's best blogger. 
Image result for Tamaki Primary

During the first block I learnt that ratio's are harder then you think they are, they aren't just numbers, but sometimes a resource you can use to accomplish or answer your question. I also learnt that if you want to accomplish anything you can! But keeping your head and mind in the game can help loads as you are determined to never give up and focus on one thing: Achieving that goal.
Image result for Ratio


Anyways, Ms Aireen came in, in the second block, I knew on the faces of my colleagues that they didn't have a good thought. We were supposed to carry on with Maths, but we didn't, I was glad, that was enough Maths for one day. Instead we did a 'Pasifika' survey, where it asks you to answer some questions on your teacher. For me I was quite stuck because I didn't know the answer to the question or didn't know how to answer it. 

Image result for Pasifika

After that, we did the rest of the presentation. It was mainly about the Pacific Island culture and finding things important to that country, like the national flag, where it is located on the map and things that are traditionally worn and done. Tonga and Samoa was easy for me, but Fiji and Niue was a challenge, I haven't yet completed the task but I am determined I will.


Now going into the last block, time really went by. At least I blogged twice, meaning 1x better then expected. It was getting nearer and nearer to the end of the day but I didn't want to go home because I wasn't finished all my work, but at least there's always tomorrow. I knew I was going to come home with a mindset only focused on setting an example and finishing off my work .

Something challenging I came across yesterday was when doing Maths, I didn't quite understand ratios but luckily I had Ms Thompson to help me and my peers. 

Feel free to leave a comment.
Many thanks :) 





0 comments:

Post a Comment