Pages

Monday 26 June 2017

Buddy Reading

IALT: Write about what I learnt and did during the time I spent with my buddy reader.

During the time period 1:45pm to 3:00pm, my entire class went down to our Tuakana Teina Reading buddy class to read with them and help them improve in their reading levels. As you know my buddy is Elijah and for this week I can see I am slowly helping him improve in his Reading, and this is the truth because when I asked him questions about the book he knew the answer. But when our teacher asks him questions he gets too shy sometimes and asks me to answer it but most of the time he is really good at answering the questions. Everyday I have to help him read two books, in which he can be able to read and understand. 
Image result for reading

I was glad that my buddy was confident that way he doesn't always to rely on me to help him solve the answers because he knows he is a comfortable and supportive environment. The two books he read was Wind Power and another book that involved Mazes, although I forgot the title of it. Wind Power was an easy book for him but the Maze book was a challenge with him consistently asking or stopping at unknown words. 

Image result for reading quotes

After all the reading, I was glad and proud of my buddy. Not only did he manage to read and answer the questions under pressure, he also managed to answer questions that I thought he wouldn't get. I can't wait for tomorrow to read with my buddy again and hopefully have the time to practise in his own time. 

Feel free to leave a comment.
Many thanks :) 



0 comments:

Post a Comment