Pages

Friday 16 June 2017

Collage About Matariki

IALA: Matariki and the many celebrations communities do to recognize a New Year..

This is my collage I made that symbolizes Matariki, the Maori New Year. The big image is a picture of the seven stars shining brightly amongst the night sky, and the five images represent what kind of celebrations many communities do to celebrate a huge achievement. The reason I chose to do these pictures is because many people actually do plant new crops, fly kites in the sunny sky, dance traditional dances, and light up the night sky with huge fireball celebrations. 

Image result for Matariki

I had the option to choose from many other things I had to do in order for me to show how Matariki is celebrated, but without blogging my teacher's presentation, as a year 7 and 8 classroom we need to work on creating things for ourselves instead of relying on our teacher to do things for us. Once I saw 'create a collage' I knew straight away to do that because I have knowledge on a website that I can use and how to use appropriate images. 
Image result for Matariki

Matariki, is the Maori New Year where it symbolizes Peace and Happiness. The Matariki celebration is coming to my community soon, where loads of people get together and get to witness spectacular shows and dances. Something I learnt during this task was learning that Matariki is the mother star, and the 6 remaining stars are her daughters. Papatuanuku is the grandmother of the stars and therefore visit her every year according to the many videos on the internet.

What do you know about Matariki?
Feel free to leave a comment.
Many thanks :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment