Pages

Wednesday 14 June 2017

Maths Time Reflection

IALT: Write about what I learnt and the games I played with my group.

Today in the middle block it was different because we had parents of other students come in our class and observe how we do Maths. My mother didn't attend today because well she was busy but it was great to see the parents of those who actually came. Siale's mother came in, Alethia's mother, Akih's dad and Toma's Sister came in to check how we do Maths in Room 9. There were 5 boys in my group including myself, Siale, Timeus, Metui and Sifa. The first game we played was a Tongan game called 'Moheuli' where you only have one picture card, which is the Jack of Spades. Your then deal the cards evenly to the rest of the players and therefore you put your pairs down to decrease the amount of cards you have. 

Image result for Jack of Spades

The game was really funny, because we all knew how to play but the funniest part was when it was the final two players and they to pick from one another, one of them having the Jack of Spades which is the Moheuli card. I myself, lost 3 times in a row,  with the other players becoming safe and just having a great time. As we were playing any parents surrounded our table which made our group feel proud, special and recognized. 


Image result for Cards

After a while of playing that we played a new game , where we had to roll 3 dice and times all three numbers, at first it was hard because I am not good at times tables, but as we got into the game and keep playing, I was soon good enough to get about 6 questions in a row. We got the attention of Siale's mum and Akih's dad and Ms Komor. I thought it was cheating because Ms Komor was getting all the answers before the rest of us, I learnt something from her then because she was helping us to get into the habit of saying the answer straight away. 
Image result for Maths


I was surprised and interested when Akih's dad suddenly started playing, and to be honest he is really good at Maths, he didn't hesitate to say the answer because he told us that this is a good game where you can get faster and quicker at your times tables. I agreed with him. 
During that time the parents left, it wasn't a good sign but at least we had some feedback from those we have never thought before. 

Image result for Maths

Something I enjoyed during this task was getting the parents involved in our games, as this was the whole point of them coming to school. A challenge I found was keeping up with not losing, but it was funny and entertaining. I hope that someday the parents can come again and when they do, I hope we will be ready, and faster. 

Feel free to leave a comment.
Many thanks :) 



0 comments:

Post a Comment