Pages

Monday 26 June 2017

Part of my goal achieved.

IALT: What about what I achieved and what I'm thinking I will learn in the future.

Friday was one of the days where assembly was one of the moments where every class got the chance to reflect and show the whole school what they were learning throughout the week. We also had a special visitor, a former student from Tamaki Primary, and also the best blogger in the history of the school! Willy Illy! In his recent years at Edgewater College, I have been following in his footsteps to be more like him, and also be known as one of the best bloggers in the history of Tamaki Primary. The hosts of the assembly was Akanesi, Kira and Losana all who have the confidence to speak and sing in front of the school which reflects the qualities of being able to be a leader. 
Image result for AKO
As Willy stood up and did a little talk about blogging, the younger students murmured my name. I noticed that they could tell I was getting a certificate for reaching over 600 blog posts! Almost every student from room 6 commented on my blog which made me aim for much higher goals, like the one I set of reaching 1,000 before I leave Tamaki. Anyways, four people had the honour of getting a school value badge; Ako. I was one of those four people! I only thought I was getting a certificate but it turns out me and 3 other people ; Alethia, Kiko and Losana, had the honour of getting an Ako badge. For me as a student leader and one of my goals for this year, receiving just one of the value badges wants me to want to earn the rest, before I leave aswell, to show everyone that I can follow the school values and apply them to my daily life. 

Image result for Blogging

With just one 20% of my goal achieved and just in term 2, I know I can make it and earn the rest of the badges. It seems like a challenge to earn them all, but as a leader and veteran of this school, if I remember the values and apply them not only to my peers but also the younger ones I can teach them that if you want to earn something. You have to work hard for it. When life knocks you down, you have a choice of getting back up or staying down. I am choosing to stand back up and make my family proud of me.

Image result for Leader

A highlight for me would be receiving an Ako badge, and watching Curtys, Kira and Kenneth's rap about SUGAR! It was amazing, all three did a great job of projecting their voice clearly and having a good time. I hope that the next time we have a whole school assembly, I can earn my spot in the first student in the history of Tamaki Primary to receive all of the school value badges.

Image result for Leader

Feel free to leave a comment.
Many thanks :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment