Pages

Monday 19 June 2017

Music Reflection

IALT: Write about the activity I did during my time with Caleb, our Music Teacher.

Today in Music, we worked on Soundtrap, a website where you can create music and share it around the world. The main thing for this weeks session was playing a pitch and melody song, the song we were told to play on Sound Trap was 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star'  yes, the song that was sung to you when you were young, but with this task there was a little twist with it, instead of playing it on it's own we were told to put in a drum beat along with it. To make it more interesting and entertaining. At first I thought it was going to be boring, but then it actually wasn't! I was amazed at how creative Caleb was, coming up with this old song and turning it into something completely different. 

Image result for soundtrap

It took me about 5 minutes to memorize the whole thing, but once I got it, I felt like a pro. Playing the Piano, and adding in a Bass and Drum beat with it, it sounded like a good music track about to go viral. At times , I would get angry because I forgot the track, or I didn't know what to add in to make it better. Something I learnt during Music was getting the key components in the right order and in time with the beat. 


Image result for Twinkle Twinkle

I learnt that, every song has it's own beat, melody, rhythm and style. I haven't yet finished off the song, but once I do, I might share it on my blog. Something I found challenging was remembering what I was to do, and remember the keys.

Feel free to leave a comment.
Many thanks :P

0 comments:

Post a Comment