Pages

Wednesday 14 June 2017

KiwiCan Reflection

IALT: Write about what I learnt in Kiwi Can.

Yesterday in Kiwi Can I learnt how to play a 'Human Bop It Game' along with practising a Samoan Traditional Dance called a Sasa and got to learn about what other people think 'Reliability' is. 

The Human Bop It Game is just like the toy version, but includes more movement and more flexibility, it was the same moves which are ; Jump It, Spin It, Bop It and Twist It. At first I was like "Whaaat?"But then our Kiwi Can instructors Ms Lily and Mr M said it was easy and demonstrated the actions. I was eager to get into it, along with my peers who also had the courage to follow the actions. Soon it was for real and whoever did the wrong actions had to sit down. I along with one of my friends Sifa was out in the 2nd round, because I was just a beginner. 
Image result for Bop it

But going into the next rounds I noticed the Juniors were pretty good at this, I was stunned. After a little while of playing, we got told to practise a Sasa, the actions were pretty detailed but after a little bit of practise we were sure to nail it. We practised the Sasa, and I was getting excited because it was actually amazing and I was from Samoan culture. 

Image result for samoan sasa

Then we finished practising and we were told that we had a new topic and that we would be learning it for the last few weeks, I didn't know what to think of this but I when Ms Lily said "Reliability" I already had a keen knowledge on what it meant to me. Reliability to me means, being able to manage yourself and being able to trustworthy, others gave a try on what they though Reliability was, others said "When people can trust you" and "At home when I do the chores" I knew this was their prior knowledge, so no answer is a wrong answer. 

Image result for Kiwi Can

 It was getting near to lunch time so I had to leave and go to ring the bell, I didn't want to but I was reliable enough to go and fulfil my responsibility. When I came back it was time to leave, I was gutted but at least there was always Kiwi Can next week. This week, was different but Kiwi Can will always stay the same. I hope next week we will be able to learn more important things, and like skills. Something I found challenging during Kiwi Can was practising both Bop It and the Sasa, "If anyone can a Kiwi Can" 

Feel free to leave a comment
Many Thanks.




0 comments:

Post a Comment