Pages

Wednesday 28 June 2017

Kiwi Can Reflection

IALT: Write about what my class did and learnt during the time we were at Kiwi Can. 

The start of Kiwi Can wasn't too good for me, I had a little prep talk along with some other boys about keeping on track, and remembering that each and every one of us have a role to play in our classroom. This little prep talk was just enough to make us miss out the Intro of Kiwi Can. Something I learnt from that situation is that I must always be a leader not just sometimes but consistently, and setting a prime example when it comes to learning in a different environment. Re uniting with the class again, Mr Malu had already some some critical things that I missed.

Image result for Kiwi Can

The only thing I heard was the Energiser, I felt 'stink' as I wasn't in there to hear some things we were going to be learning today. So I stepped up my act and soon rather then later I was back into being the leader I was meant to be. The Energiser was funny and hard because he had to try and get flat balls into a bucket, which made us get points in the different groups we were in. 
For me, I rolled it up and found it that it didn't curve and go the other way but it went straight ahead, that's something I learnt. 


Image result for Fish in the bucket
We had the lead, but it wasn't until we had to create our own Chants. My team the 'FUNKY MONKEYS' Didn't have the time , well we made one up, I didn't know because one of the other boys decided not to say it out loud because he was scared of being embarrassed. I didn't blame him, if that were me I wouldn't do it either, even if it cost us our lead. 

Image result for Funky Monkeys

The highlight of this lesson for me would be the Activity, TEAMWORK was involved that helped us gain possession of the game , and regain our lead. But some of the people didn't mind about others and decided to cheat. It wasn't our group so I didn't do much about it. Then Rugby happened, 2 teams merged to form one, and that's where the real fun began. Rugby is one of my favourite sports, so I took it up hard and did some pretty hard tackles, sometimes hurting myself in the process. 

Image result for Teamwork

People that stood out to me was those who didn't really play, like LJ, Vunivalu, Timeus and Alo. They had some pretty mean hidden talents, so we all told them to come and play. There we looked like a real team with the potential to win many great things. 

Image result for Teamwork

At the end of the day, it was fun. I learnt something from the lesson and my teacher. 
Something challenging I came across was controlling how I felt when people cheated, it made me angry that they would want to ruin the game.

Feel free to leave a comment.
Many thanks :P 

0 comments:

Post a Comment