Pages

Thursday 22 June 2017

Waikowhai Blog Commenting!

IALT: Share the comments I commented on student from Waikowhai Primary.

Yesterday I had the oppurtunity to have a teacher from another school comment on one of my blog posts. It had been a long time since a teacher has done that but this teacher however, was different. His name was Mr Ross and he teaches at Waikowhai Primary, I was amazed because I recognised the school name. Mr Minton who once taught here at Tamaki, left our school as he had a calling to be a leader at Waikowhai Intermediate, after I read the name I was sure to be ready to reply or do what the teacher asked me to do. 


The post he commented on was me reaching 600 blog posts! From just reading his comment, I knew he wanted me to do something ASAP! He asked me to give some advice and blog on the blogs of his fellow students and help them try and become more and efficient bloggers, like me. I blogged on a boy named Faidhi's blog, his post was about his class doing a Cybersmart lesson and learning about a website that can change your appearance and trick others into thinking you're on the wrong blog. Here is my comment:
I also managed to blog on some other learners blogs: 



It seemed like everyone in their class blogged about the same thing! But most of them didn't have enough description and specification which was great! But in a good way, this way I could leave them advice on how to improve the quality of their blog posts. I think most of them are Year 5 and 6's because I read it in one of their posts. 

For me this lesson was interesting because it felt like I was role model, not only to my community but to another community that is miles away. I felt like a teacher giving advice to learners who are expected to achieve, something that relates to one of our school values 'Ako'

Something I found challenging was giving some of the advice, I wasn't used to these different learners but leaving them something to remember was one of my highlights.

Want to leave a comment on their blogs? Click HERE

Feel free to leave a comment.
Many thanks :) 






1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kia ora I like your work because your explaining how to do it.

Post a Comment