Pages

Monday 10 July 2017

Famous New Zealander - WLJ

IALT: Think about a famous New Zealander and write down attributes about them.

 After the adventure at The Lewis Pass Scenic Reserve, you are pretty happy to get back into the shuttle van and continue with your road trip. Over the next few hours you travel up and over the Southern Alps, arriving in the city of Christchurch to eat lunch. You have a delicious meal at a café downtown and then hop back into the van to travel to Twizel, a small town at the base of Aoraki-Mt Cook. Mt Cook is the largest mountain in New Zealand. 

It is also the mountain where Sir Edmund Hillary trained for his climb up Mt Everest – the tallest mountain in the world. Sir Edmund Hillary is very famous because he was the first person to ever reach the top of Mt Everest!' Now it is your turn to learn about a famous New Zealander. Use Google to research one famous person from New Zealand and then create a DLO and post it on your blog. Be sure to include: 1. The name of the famous person, 2. Where they were born, 3. Why they are famous, and 4. Two other interesting facts about them. 


This activity asked me to choose a Famous New Zealander and write down attributes that reflect what kind of person they are.

The star I have chosen to pick is Russell Crowe, although a New Zealand born citizen he lives in America and lived more of his life in Australia where he is the co owner of the Australian Rugby League Team the 'South Sydney Rabbitohs' I was astonished at what I found because by the looks of it, I actually thought he was born in America because he features in a lot of movies where America is where it is based.
Image result for Russell Crowe
I love tasks where you find out things about people/something, because it helps you remember them for next time. No one is too old to learn something new. 

A challenge I found was not copying from the internet, I could get caught so instead I used my Writing and Reading skills to skim and scan through the paragraphs of information.

Feel free to leave a comment to see more of my Winter Learning Journey Activities!

Many thanks :) 


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Gary!

My initial reaction is WOW, what a great job you have down with all of your tasks! I can see you have put in a lot of time and effort to do a really good job on your posts. I love that you have gone beyond the requirements and added more information for the reader. Writing the learning intention shows that you are really engaged with the learning aspect of the activities and you want to get the most out of it as you can - that's what every good learner does!

I didn't know Russell Crowe managed a rugby league team... Thanks for sharing!

I'm looking forward to checking out more of you blog, Gary, well done!!

Keep up the hard work and effort!

Nicky :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you A LOT Nicky!

I can use comment's like yours to show my peers on what kind of good feedback you get when you participate in these kind of events. Indeed, I was surprised when I found out he co owned a Rugby League Team because well,I never know he was into Rugby!

I have gone beyond the requirements because I love to finish my work to a high standard to show others what kind of things we learn at Tamaki Primary.

Once again, thank you for your comment.

Gary

Unknown said...

Hey Gary!

Absolutely! And when you put in as much effort as you do - well done!

That's so great Gary. As a teacher, it's always so great having students who take pride in their work as act as an example for other students.

Nicky :)

Post a Comment