Pages

Sunday 9 July 2017

Own New Zealand Flag - WLJ

IALT: Design my own flag and talk about what I included in it and why I choose to do those designs.


With one of the activities asking me to create my own flag,I have  successfully created my own design and in order for me to earn 8 points in total for this achievement, I have to explain what I did to create my design. It wasn't hard really, all I had to think about was the history of New Zealand, taking in what I learnt from the previous 2 task I had completed before. 

As you can see I have inserted a Kiwi on the left top hand corner, this represents the native bird to our country and shows that we love our animals and that we show respect to what kind of native mammals that have breaded in our country for years on end. I got this idea from the Kiwi's League Team, thinking about them I decided to put in the Kiwi.
Image result for Kiwi bird
The stars that surround the Kiwi represent the Matariki Stars, although there are 12 stars, I still put in the stars because I know that in the future there will be more stars yet to be revealed after an 8th star was added to the cluster, when it was discovered this year! So I am hopefully hoping my design comes to life. 
Image result for Matariki
Then there is the cross with a helmet on top. I got this idea from both world wars, 1 and 2. That image represents the respect we have for those who lost their lives for our countries freedom. Without them we wouldn't be living the way we are today, going out to spend time with family and friends, and just being the person you were meant to be. 
Image result for Anzac day
Finally, the 5 strips of lines represent the 5 places I thought were the best places to visit while in Auckland. Each has it's one unique way of being on of the best  but one thing they have all in common is that they were built by Kiwi men and therefore strive to impress Kiwi's in our days. 

Like before, I love tasks where you create your own thing because you never know. One day it might be shown on T.V and be able to represent New Zealand with pride and respect. Throughout this task I had the opportunity to ask my family members for ideas, that helped me design my flag to a point where I can agree to say it's ready. 

Feel free to leave a comment.
Many thanks :) 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Gary,

What a beautiful flag design! Black and white is so effective and I love the idea of incorporating the ANZAC's into it as they are such an important part of New Zealand's history!

A great piece of work!

I am really enjoying your blogging!

Nicky

cherise said...

Hey Gary
Wow you have really outdone yourself on this activity.

I love how you are have created your flag it's really interesting and unique.

Nice job and keep the great work up!!!

Cherise

Post a Comment