Pages

Sunday 9 July 2017

Interview With Laura Dekker - WLJ

IALT: Come up with 5 questions I would ask Laura Dekker in an interview.

This task is helping me to think of questions I can ask people if I had the chance to meet them face to face. This specific person, is someone I have never heard of before, her name is Laura Dekker who is known as sailing across the entire world by herself. I had to imagine me having an interview with her and asking her  five questions . Here are my questions I would ask her:
Image result for Laura Dekker
  • How did you feel when you completed your journey across the world?
  • How did you feel before you decided to go on your journey?
  • At times did you think things wouldn't go according to plan? As in death being the final result?
  • At the age of 16 what inspired you to do this amazing quest?
  • When sailing, did you run out of critical things you needed?
Image result for QuestionsThis task is similar to reading an article, and using De Bono's Thinking Hats to solve a challenge. The reason I say this is because on the black hat it asks you to come up with questions you would ask the person/group if you met them in real life. I came up with 5, but for me I think that they are great because I know little about her and why she chose to do this quest?
Image result for World Record
Did she want to be world widely known? Did she want to be famous? Or did she want to break or be the current holder of a world record? I wouldn't sail across the sea now, well not at the age of 12 and certainly because I don't know how to sail! Laura is pretty gutsy to do this quest especially with no assistance or help nearby. 
Image result for Sailing
A challenge I found was at times coming up with the questions because one, I thought they wouldn't have been specific enough and two, because sometimes I thought they were just plain stupid. 

Would you sail across the sea independently? 

Feel free to leave a comment,
Many thanks :) 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Gary,

I don't think I would sail across the sea by myself, even as an adult! I definitely prefer a lake or a river because generally there is less that can go wrong when swimming and there are many less scary sea creatures!

I would also like to know if anything didn't go according to plan as I'm sure there are many things that could go wrong... She is very brave!

Great questions!

Nicky :)

Post a Comment