Pages

Thursday 6 July 2017

Food Tasting Night Reflection

IALT: Talk about what I learnt and what kind of learning my group showed our parents. 

It was 4:00pm and I stayed at school due to the different time frames and sessions I had to go and take over while the rest of my group wandered off and did their own things. It turned out to be better then it used to be because many parents turned up, won prizes and left our school with knowledge about different topics. My group was talking about Fitness, showing demonstrations and also ways that you can benefit from when you exercise. Our Fitness Feud, was played by more parents than I thought. From sisters, to brother, to fathers and mothers they all counted and in the end they won a major prize of Milk and a piece of fruit. 

Image result for milk and fruit

I was one of the hosts and did the times for those who didn't turn up. Although I wasn't on in some times, I still stayed back to watch over our hard work. With many parents and students trying out our games and workouts I was astonished by the talent of some parents and older siblings because they sometimes got the answer right and they didn't know them. If I were to chose a super star visitor, I would've chose Matthew's mum, Metui's sister and Toma's Sister! 
Image result for Fitness
Matthew's mum did 1 minute of Plank without failing, which to me was amazing. Metui and Toma's sisters played our Fitness Feud twice meaning they already had knowledge on our answers, but it didn't matter because the Milk was their prize and we used up three boxes. I thought we would've only used half a box but in the end we used more than I imagined. 
Image result for Fitness
Throughout the night, I tried some foods from different classes. Chocolate, Yogurt, Banana Cake, Chop Suey and many more. My least favourite would have to be the sugar free cupcakes because I am used to eating Sugar, and Sugar wasn't in there was was sad, but good because we are learning about Healthy Eating. 
Image result for Fitness  

Demonstrating the exercise was hard because my muscles were burning as I was doing it. I decided to do my own exercise and do push ups with the 5 kg medicine balls. I was already tired but I could only do 7 - 8 which to me was good as I only started doing them. A highlight was welcoming all the parents to our festival and trying out our different foods and games.
I can't wait until we host another one of these festivals!
Image result for Push ups
Feel free to leave a comment.
Many thanks :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment