Pages

Sunday 2 July 2017

Leadership Program Reflection

IALT: Write about what I learnt during my time with the other leaders and Kiwi Can leaders.

Every two weeks on a Friday, all the leaders of the school come together and have a leadership program with the Kiwi Can Leaders. The whole reason behind this is to help us as leaders fulfil our roles and remember that as leaders of the school we must ensure that it is a fun and safe environment for the other students. Again, we were put into teams in which we had to write down what LEADERSHIP meant to us in a acrostic poem. I was with Kauri, and Kira, both who have the potential to be leaders themselves one day. 

Image result for acrostic poem

Overall, I think our poem was the best out of the others because the words we used , wasn't the same kind of language we would use in our normal lives, and in our writing tests. I think it was just the feeling of being supported and in an environment where no answer is a wrong answer. 
That task for me helped me grow with my Teamwork skills, social skills, and become more competitive. It's not the work that made me think we were the best, but the work we did together and the things we achieved. 
Image result for teamwork


Then it was time to go and role play a Kiwi Can session, for real. We were told that one day we would be hosting a real Kiwi Can session with one of the classrooms, just to get a feel of what being a true leader is. I was teamed up with Siale, Kenneth, Kira and Kauri, all in which have the power to set a good example and lead a class to see what it really feels like. 

Image result for teamwork

A highlight from that time was being able to lead a class, and being able to let my other peers know that I have the ability to lead a class without hesitation. I can't wait for the next program which is in Term 3! Feel free to leave a comment.
Many thanks :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment