Pages

Tuesday 11 July 2017

Pollution Redemption - WLJ

IALT: Come up with three ways I can help stop Pollution in my community and keep it beautiful and safe.


Activity 1: While in Taupo, you go for a walk around the lake and you notice pieces of rubbish floating in the water. You also notice that there is rubbish on the footpath. As you know, it is really important to put rubbish in the bin and keep New Zealand clean and beautiful for generations to come.
Image result for Clean
With that in mind, it is time think about what you can do to keep New Zealand beautiful. Use your imagination and come up with three things that you could do to make your neighbourhood more beautiful. Post your list on your blog ☺

This task requires me to use my growth mindset skills and come up with three ways that will help reduce the risk of Pollution, and negative comments about my community. While working on this task I was able to come up with three ideas I think will work as long as I act upon what I say, for example. Reaching 1,000 blog posts by the end of the year, I am already acting on what I said even though I set this goal when I achieved 600 blog posts, about 4 - 5 weeks ago.
Image result for Tidy Kiwi
I am astonished at how fast I am going. Not only is a short amount of time, especially for blog posts but my work is indeed quality and represents what kind of learner I am. Last term we were working on Pollution, so this gave me a heads up on what to write without thinking too hard. My three ways were:

  1. Acting upon what I say
  2. Form a local community group
  3. Use my growth mindset skills and show and tell posters.
All these ideas, came from what I call : 'In depth Thinking' I didn't struggle too hard as you can see but if I were to interview one of the party houses, eg. National, Green, Labour. I would ask them the following questions:

Image result for Clean
  1. While your having a great time I presume, other local communities are falling victims to rubbish and increasing the chances of Pollution. How do you feel about that?
  2. Would you like to stand for your country and continue to remain Tidy Kiwi's and Clean and Green?
It doesn't look like much but I am thinking this will get them speechless on what to say. Something I enjoyed was that I didn't think too hard, it's 3:03am in the morning and the last thing I want is something that I am struggling with.

Feel free to leave a comment.
Much Appreciation
Gary

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Gary,

I love that you would start with acting upon what you say because change always starts with us. So that means we have to be the first to make a move! Some great ideas to stop pollution in our nation - good work!

Nicky :)

Post a Comment