Pages

Tuesday 11 July 2017

Winter Learning Journey Reflection

IALT: Reflect on what I learnt during my time completing the Winter Learning Journey activities. 
Image result for Winter Learning Journey
For the past 4 days or so, I went through a bizarre journey to what I call 'time' it went by so fast now I am finished! And I haven't forgotten a thing I learnt throughout my epic quest, from finding facts about this beautiful county I live in, then to taking a stand and calling ban for fishing in Farewell Spit, and killing pests when you find them to stop them increasing our risk of extinct animals and plants. My first time was amazing, I wish to do it again in the next holidays where I will learn more and more things, I just know it. 
Image result for kiwi road trip
Working through the tasks, I didn't hesitate to ask any questions or answer them. I had a growth mindset and look where I am now. One of the very few to start late, and one of the very few to finish early. You may be thinking "Are your posts quality?"  "Do they represent what kind of learner your are?" "How did this work help you and why?" All I can say is, the time spent working on the tasks were well worth the wait, because I absolutely loved it!
Image result for kiwi
A challenge I found overall, was completing the tasks to a high standard. I didn't want to finish at a standard where it wasn't up to level because well, that's not the kind of learner I am. I finish my work to a quality standard, and I finish what I start. Although I didn't find too many challenges, I enjoyed many things likes:
  • Visiting Tane Mahuta
  • Commemorating Matariki
  • Protesting for Wildlife
And many more!

Image result for New Zealand

My favourite activities for me would have to be the protesting for wildlife one, how I felt overall during the week, and the activity where I had to write down facts about New Zealand in my own words. I chose these activities because they challenged me to think with an open mind, a mind ready for learning and F.I.T to go. (Fuel Up, Ignite, Take Off) Our Inquiry model we once used at my school.
Image result for New Zealand
I love these kind of events because they urge students to try their best and always know that the will receive support and encouragement . Something that I receive all the time, during my struggles, challenges and highlights. I hope there is a Summer Learning Journey too!
I would like to remember and thank Rachel for her time given to do these tasks, I loved them because it was about my country I live in and it didn't require me to think too hard. Although I did urge past the required expectations. 
Image result for New Zealand

Feel free to leave a comment.
Many thanks :) 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kia Ora Gary!

A huge congratulations on finishing the Winter Learning Journey! (I think the only two left to do if you want to complete the whole programme in Day 3, Activity 3 and Day 7, Activity 2).

I'm so glad that you've taken the time time reflect on your experience, as it is wonderful to see that you have taken something away from what you've done throughout the programme. It's also helpful for us to know what you liked about it, the challenges you encountered and what the highlights for you were.

Again, well done on your high standard of work and involvement with the programme :)

Nicky

Unknown said...

Kia ora Gary!

Congratulations on completing the Winter Learning Journey in just four days and, most importantly, to such a high standard. Nicky, Willy and I have all enjoyed reading your blogs! We've marvelled at the quality of each post. We have also learned a huge amount from you through this process. We hope that you will continue to blog and to share your learning with your readers, your peers, your friends, your school mates and the world.

I'm really looking forward to meeting you when I come into Tamaki Primary early in Term 3 to hand out the certificates and the prizes to the Winter Learning Journey participants!

See you soon,

Rachel :)

Post a Comment