Pages

Sunday 2 July 2017

Buddy Reading Reflection

IALT: Talk about what I taught and learnt from my buddy.

On Friday, while reading with my buddy I was astonished at how better and better he was getting at Reading his books! I know that I am a good example for him, but this time I was more shocked then ever. Not only was he not asking for my help, but he managed to go through his book without stopping and asking to read with him. I know that I was helping him , a lot, but now at the time I was not getting the fact that he was not improving because he deserves to become a great leader in the future.

Image result for improving

I was exhausted because lunch had just finished, but I still didn't want to make my buddy think I wasn't ready for him, because that wouldn't be a wise move. But just listening to him read made me think 'If I were to continue and help him, maybe he'll move up levels really quick' I smiled as I thought about this, because I had a goal, and I always achieve my goal no matter the cost. 

Image result for improving

While reading with him, I learnt that he was improving not only with calling out the words, but the accuracy of him reading the words, and memorising them. Made me surprised as it was only my 3rd weeks working with him. Although he isn't my normal buddy I still make him like he is my buddy because everyone deserves to be treated the same.

Image result for improving

A challenge I found during this time was not helping him, I'm a helping guy but I am not used to just sitting there. I can't wait to read with him again.

Feel free to leave a comment.
Many thanks :P 

0 comments:

Post a Comment