Pages

Monday 10 July 2017

Lost and Found - WLJ

IALT: Write about how I feel, and felt when stuck in the middle of nowhere, with nothing that I can use to protect me. 

Activity 1: After a few hours in the car, you, your group and Curious Kiwi arrive at your first stop – The Lewis Pass Scenic Reserve. It is a beautiful, regional park located at the base of the Southern Alps. You and your group get out of the van and follow Curious Kiwi. He is going to lead you on a short walk through the park. As you start walking, you notice a really cool looking tree on the side of the trail and you stop to take a closer look. When you turn back, the group (and Curious Kiwi) is nowhere to be found. Eek! You are all alone in the middle of a strange forest. For this activity write a short story (8-10 sentences) about what might happen next. Please be sure to include lots of details about what you might be feeling, seeing and doing after you realise that you are all alone in the forest...



"AHAHAHAHA! Laughter fills the sky" 

This Winter Learning Journey asks me to write down how  I feel and do once I notice I am stranded in the middle of nowhere, my group nowhere to be seen. I continue walking with only my torchlight to accompany me. After hitting what seemed like a hammer hitting me, I fall helplessly to the floor and wait for something hidden behind the bushes to pounce on me...
But imagine this in real life, stuck in the middle of nowhere and help seems to be miles away. I would feel terrified because first, I don't know where I am and secondly bad things can be around every corner. I don't like the dark, because many things are yet to be revealed, and being by myself in an uncomfortable situation. 
Image result for forest
This felt like a Writing essay, (test) where I have to be very specific to tell the reader what is going on, and to help them paint a vivid image so that it can be a specific image. A challenge I found was when I had to really think, I had to make it look real, to act.

Feel free to leave a comment.
Many thanks :) 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Gary!

This is such a cool story! I love that you put a bit of a different twist on it, turning in into something humorous - a prank. What a great idea!

You definitely did paint an image in my head, especially with your use of language features like onomatopoeia and similes to make the experience of being "lost" in the forest feel real.

I was entertained for sure! Nice story Gary :)

Nicky

Post a Comment