Pages

Sunday 9 July 2017

What Makes Auckland Special? WLJ

IALA: The things that make Auckland special, and to choose 5 activities you can do if you stay here in Auckland.

My task for today was too choose 5 activities after watching a video about New Zealand. The video talks about the special tees that make Auckland, New Zealand's most popular city, located in the far southwest of the Pacific ocean, Auckland is the perfect place to make friends and raise a family. I live in Auckland, and therefore love the kinds of foods, peoples and schools that help make Auckland a more better place and more eye catching for tourists. Here are my 5 activities from the video: 

1: Enjoying a nice tree walk in the native forest of the Waitakere Ranges, and to see more of New Zealand's unique flora and fauna. The reason I chose this is because walking in nature is just like walking in the jungle but with more care and safety. For me personally, I love to walk because it helps keep my heart beat at a normal pace and helps me develop the habit of being fit and exercising regularly to help change the shape and appearance of my body .
Image result for Waitakere Ranges
2: Visiting Auckland's War Memorial Museum. Here you can hear the story and see the treasures of Aotearoa. The native Maori people call New Zealand ' The Land of the Long White Cloud ' Also you can find out the history of how New Zealand came to be , what kind of things are native to our country and how discovered this beautiful island! Learning about the place you live in is important to develop knowledge on what is about to come next. 
Image result for auckland museum
3. Heading to Auckland Domain, located in the heart of Auckland city. Here you can watch families play cricket and hear the sound of nature, harmony and peace. With different sculptures, buildings and food restaurants to explore it is perfect for  relaxing and reading about what you can do and find while in Auckland. 
Image result for auckland domain
4. Visiting Auckland's Zoo. Here you can take your children down to pat and look at the different animals, how they live and what makes them different to others. My favourite animal is a Lion because it is a nice looking animal and can work together to perform acts in which help the pride thrive to succeed.
Image result for Auckland Zoo
5. Rainbow's End. This amusement park is filled with rides that you will never forget. From the Pirate Ship down to the Roller Coaster, it is all worth the wait and time. Rainbow's End is where you can create memories that you will never forget and cherish. 
Image result for Rainbows End
For me this activity really challenged me to think about the places I can show some of my family members who have come from overseas, or who are just here to visit. Auckland is the place where you can find the best and most quality items, foods and places!

A challenge I found was trying to pick which places because all of them are very interesting and amazing. With the help of my family I can finish the task and be able to tell my family about the great places that make Auckland, Auckland.

Feel free to leave a comment,
Many thanks :) 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Gary,

I love that you thought about what challenged you with this task and how you can take it beyond the activity and share it with your family and friends. Which one of these would be your favourite place to go?? Mine would probably be Rainbow's End and I would love to go for a walk in the Waitakere Ranges!

Nicky :)

cherise said...

Kia Ora,Gary
It's really cool to see that there's other students from other schools participating in the Winter learning journey.

I really loved how you included information about where the place is, what you could do at the place and what it is pretty much,I really enjoyed reading this.

Keep the hard work UP.

Cherise

Post a Comment