Pages

Sunday 2 July 2017

Pasifika Rap

IALT: Talk about the Teamwork skills I used while working with some of my other peers.

For the past week or so, I have been working with Siale, Aumau and Kenneth on a rap about our culture. It had been a time with challenges and disagreements, but in the end up record with Caleb our music teacher. For me recording in the Music room for the first time made me nervous, but knowing I had friends who would support me even though I did some things wrong. The rap took about 4 days to both write and practise. At first writing it was one of the hardest things to do, but going along and memorising the lines wasn't too hard but made it more easier for me. 

Image result for rap

The bet we decided to do it to was 'Still-Dre' which is a fast beat and suited our rap perfectly, we only needed to get the timing right, to ensure it sounded right and like it took us a long time to write it. We did it in 2 languages, English and Samoan. I started off first, giving my mates a clear view on what they were going to do. Aumau was the only boy who did it in a different language was was very smart indeed. 

Image result for rap

I times I would change my lines, to make it better because it didn't sound right to me, but to others I just worried about them and their lines and obviously mine. Just going over it over and over again made me proud of myself because I was getting used to writing lines for songs and rehearsing them to be recorded. Working together in a team was something that I found a highlight because without them I wouldn't be in the same place I am today. 

Image result for rap

I can't record and show the rap, but it sounds good to me. Better then what I thought it was going to be. Feel free to leave a comment.
Many thanks :P 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,Gary

NICE WORK

Post a Comment