Pages

Monday 10 July 2017

Whale Rider Rating - WLJ

IALT: Write down what I think about a movie called 'Whale Rider'
Day 4 Activity 2: After a morning of learning about beached whales in Golden Bay, you and your group are driven to a nearby town, Nelson, to watch a special movie calledWhale rider.’ It is a famous movie about a young girl who was born and raised in New Zealand. Watch the following movie trailers for Whale Rider: Whale Rider trailer #1 and Whale Rider Trailer #2 and then write a summary of the movie on your blog. What is it about? Be sure to also give the movie a rating out of 5 based on the trailer [1 = bad movie, 2 = okay movie, 3 = pretty good, 4 = good movie, 5 = excellent movie].
When ‘Whale Rider’ finishes, you and your tour group enjoy a delicious meal in downtown Nelson before heading back to your hotel. You need to go to bed early because you have to get up at 4:30 a.m. the next morning to travel back to Farewell Spit to see a group (pod) of Hector’s Dolphins. It is going to be an early morning!


This activity involved me to watch a short clip and then write a summary based on what it was about. I myself haven't seen this movie, and I didn't know it was 15 years old this year! An old movie that I haven't seen, this is really rare because watching movies is one of my hobbies. It seems like a pretty good movie but I don't recommend adults watching it because it doesn't look like a movie with too much action in it. 
Image result for whale rider
This task is similar to one of my school tasks that I complete everyday when I was young. I had to watch something write a short summary about it and then recommend it for different ages for different people. Now, it reminds me of what I learnt while in Primary because I haven't did it in a long time.

I haven't seen this movie. Have you?

A challenge I came across was writing down a short summary. I couldn't quite pick up the key parts of what the narrator was saying but in the end I complete this task because I finish what I start.

Feel free to leave a comment,
Many thanks :) 





1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Gary,

I have seen this movie and it provides some insight into Māori culture and traditions. There is a great message in the movie that you can do and achieve anything, no matter who you are, which is really powerful.

What rating would you give the movie from what you've seen?

Nicky :)

Post a Comment