Pages

Thursday 6 July 2017

Technology Reflection

IALT: Write about what I learnt during Technology.

Technology was different without Mrs Ferguson, not only is she used to us but she is always organised for our learning, well sometimes. Our teacher today, was a Te Reo lady in which not to mention was an excellent female at working with students and worshipping God. We first did a morning prayer, it was all in the Maori language, which for me was great because it helped me learn more about the culture and get basic steps on how to speak it. Like Pasifika Languages , all languages sound the same: For example, Pua'a (Samoan) Puaka (Tongan) Pu'aka (Maori) See it sounds and looked familiar right?
Image result for Samoa and Tonga
 Anyways, all Mrs Ferguson left with our reliever was a instruction telling us students to finish up on our front page cover for our design. Mine only had the letter 'QLD' and a cross in the middle which represents my love and respect for Jesus Christ. At the time I didn't think I needed to work on it more, but the reliever said to work on it and make it more detailed because she didn't know what to tell us to do next, and so I worked on it to make it more interesting and eye catching. 
Image result for QLD Maroons
With the outer shape blank, I knew it was the perfect spot to put in Koru patterns, which represent New Zealand , the lovely country I currently live in. I also decided to put in diamonds at the top to represent the stars in the night sky and my respect for my cultures. Tonga and Samoa are both really similar to each other , but when it comes to competitive games, it's like their fighting for top spot with big hits, and legendary assist plays. 
Image result for Shield
Working through the time it went really quick, I didn't do much work but I was proud of myself for not getting distracted and doing nothing, but have the mindset to keep working even without my normal teacher. It was a lot different but next term I can't wait to finish my clock and show my friends and families what I have been working on for the past 5 - 6 weeks or so. 
Image result for patterns diamonds
A challenge I came across was when I had to make my design more detailed, I didn't know what patterns to put in , but I did when I looked up on the internet and was accompanied by my peers.

Feel free to leave a comment.
Many thanks :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment