Pages

Wednesday 26 July 2017

SOLO Current Events

WALT: Apply the SOLO thinking framework to critically examine a current event. 

For Reading today I have decided to complete an independent task because I have finished my work from yesterday. I haven't done a current event in a long time, I think the last time I did one was when I was Year 6 and in Ms Kyla's class of 2015. It felt good to finally complete one of these again because it made me remember the things I did while back in middle school and the things I learnt from both teachers and classmates. 
Image result for Current Events
The article I chose to do today was based on Iosia Soliola dangerous tackles on Billy Slater when both teams went face to face during their match on the 22nd of July at GIO Stadium, Canberra. Slater was knocked out cold, and when examined couldn't remember that he played in the Origin series and that he had sustained an ankle injury earlier in the week.  
Image result for Current Events

But it took 4 days for Soliola to really get attention when he was finally banned for five weeks, coming in on time when they face the Storm again. But it's unclear why he went to tackle Billy after the ball had been passed. Something I found challenging was trying to remember the things that I needed to achieve completeing this task.

Feel free to leave a comment.
Many thanks :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment