Pages

Sunday 2 July 2017

Karaoke Friday Reflection

IALT: Talk about what I witnessed and learned from the younger students while watching over them for a short period of time.

As always, the boys from the Year 7 and 8 syndicate play Rugby on Lunchtimes, just to get ready for an upcoming tournament and improve our skills for when we really need them. It was an amazing game, with Kiwi Can leader, and league player Mr Malu coaching us to ensure we didn't cause any more troubles like in the past. I was having a great time until I was called by one of the leaders Ana , she passed on a message to me by one of the other leaders Losana, who was in the hall witnessing the raw talent of the young kids who were in the hall at the time.

Image result for karaoke friday

I could hear the music from where I was standing on the field, walking to the hall I noticed a lot of young kids in the hall both performing and watching others show how good they are at showing off their talent. As a leader it was only fair that I watched over the kids for a while as I was supposed to be in there with them. In the time being there I witnessed two performances, by a boy named Cohen, Joshua and Milan. Cohen sang a song which I have never heard of , but Milan was a whole new level!

Image result for karaoke friday

Milan was dancing around like he was a performer , he didn't have any shyness in him that would make him feel like he was unconfident. His confidence made me think that one day he would become a great leader with the potential to do great things that will help him continue to thrive on the right track. 

Image result for karaoke friday

I was in there for about 10 minutes until I left to go and play rugby again. It seemed like my team feel apart without me, from then on I knew I played a vital place in my team, in order for us to keep up our tackles and try saves. Most of my team were too shy to tackle the big boys like Sene, Falakiko and Sifa. But for me I didn't see them as any challenge and I faced to them, tackling them and saving them from getting tries. 

Image result for dancing

A challenge I found was when I came back and found out my team needed me, I knew it was the wrong thing to leave my team but I had to in order for me to fufill my role as a leader.

Feel free to leave a comment.
Many thanks :) 


0 comments:

Post a Comment