Pages

Tuesday 27 June 2017

Fitness Reflection

IALT: Write about the different types of exercises I did and what I learnt from that session. 

As usual fitness was one of the things that both Rooms 9 and 10 do everyday after Morning Tea. Today's session, was both tiring and at some occasions hard. The usual job around the bike track for me would have to be the best part of fitness, as I was suppose to come in jogging but I ended up overtaking the 3 leaders. I was used to over taking others so I didn't really take it as an achievement. The only thing that struck me was when I didn't beat my time, I came in, in about 1 minute and 25 seconds trying to beat my previous record of 1 minute and 21 seconds. 

Image result for Jogging

Jogging around the bike track doesn't feel too long but it's hard to believe your time when you cross the finish line. The first teacher I was with was Ms Komor, we did Inchworms and the Plank Hold. I had some experience on both but didn't bother not to give it a go, others didn't seem to try which was a shame as we had been learning about fitness and why it means to us. Inch Worms were easy, but the Plank hold wasn't. 

Image result for inch worm fitness

The Plank hold for me is one of the best but hard ways to develop strength in your core body. I myself, only did it for 45 seconds out of 1 minute because my abdomen was begging to tense and tight leaving me trying to gulp for air. I was relieved when it was over, but fitness wasn't. I still had to do step ups and squats. Both these are really good to develop some thigh and calf strength, if I were to pick one of these to do all day, it would have to be Inch Worms. 

Image result for Plank
Due to the absence of Ms Kelly, we didn't have shuttle runs which was a bummer because running is one of my top attributes. If Ms Kelly were there, it would make the session a lot more active and I think students would also have the courage to do it because the encouragement of the other students can help them, forget their fear and just do it. 

Image result for Plank


Tomorrow, is another day. For me my goal is to beat my time of 1 minute and 21 seconds. If I were to do that, my next steps in learning is to keep focused and not try to impress others if you're having to stop all the time. My other goal is to set my speed at a pace I can manage, to do the whole minute. If I were to do this, I would personally develop skills and the health I need. 
Image result for Step ups
A challenge I faced was when I had to hold the Plank position, it made my core body tight, tense and hard, meaning I was just getting used to all the blood rushing through my body so quickly. 
I can't wait for the nest fitness session. 

Feel free to leave a comment.
Many thanks :) 


0 comments:

Post a Comment