Pages

Wednesday 28 June 2017

Buddy Reading!

IALT: Write about what I did and learnt during Buddy Reading.

As you all know my buddy is Elijah and he is a young child destined for greatness. Not only is he a smart learner but he is also a strong boy who doesn't give up and always wants to give things a go. I wasn't too surprised when he read the book without my help because I knew I was helping him get better at Reading, and also help him to remember that he can do things when he put's his mind into it and always know that anyone will be there to help him. 

Image result for reading buddies

The one thing that made me shocked was when he went through THREE books without the need for assistance! I knew that my example and leadership was getting him on the right way, and that I was the one who he would trust to help him nail the challenges he will come across. Something I learnt from him, is that he bothers to ask for help because he knows that if he doesn't we will get himself into trouble for not doing anything.
Image result for reading buddies
I felt as if he didn't need me anymore because he was growing the skills he needed. If I were to leave him something valuable it would be to never give up and always give things a try, you never know you might like it. 
Image result for reading buddies


A challenge I faced was when I had to tell others to stop playing around and tell others that they are here to teach the little kids and help them improve their reading. 

Feel free to leave a comment.
Many thanks :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment