Pages

Monday 12 June 2017

Whitewater Rafting Reflection (Writing Form)

I am learning to write about my experience at Vector Wero Whitewater Rafting. (Writing Form)

On Friday the 9th of June my class went to Vector Wero Whitewater Rafting, I was excited to go there because it was my first time, I had no experience whatsoever on how to raft, so I trusted my instincts and just went with the 'flow'. When we arrived at Vector Wero, there was a massive totem pole waiting for our arrival, a warrior on top watching our every move. As we walked through the entrance, another school was already trying out the course meaning we had a chance to look and observe how bumpy the ride was going to be.

 I was amazed at how big this place was, I felt like jumping in for a swim, but there was a sign saying that there is no swimming allowed in the lake. 
We arrived way too early, so we had Morning Tea, after Morning Tea there was still heaps of time left so the boys decided to have a game of Ball Rush, but without a ball, it was fun because although I wasn't the last one to be in, I still chose to be in because I felt sad for those who didn't make it in time. We played Ball Rush for about 20 minutes when Ms Aireen told us it was time to go and have a walk around the park.

 But at every turn there was a dead end, so we turned back. At that moment the teachers came up with an idea to have team building activities, where each team had to work together to accomplish something. It was hard for my team was I was with big people, but we still tried, and managed to get half way through. By the time we finished, it was our turn to start Rafting! I was eager to get on the raft but before we did we had to get into a wet suit. The wet suit felt funny but it was safe, we had a prep talk and off we went.... 

To Be Continued...


0 comments:

Post a Comment