Pages

Thursday 29 June 2017

Lopeti @ Waikowhai Primary

IALT: Comment on a post from students at Waikowhai Primary. 

I have decided to start commenting on the blog's of Year 6 students at a different school because I was supposed to be commenting on four a day. With this being a busy week I didn't have the time , and I missed out on some new learning , and what kind of challenges they faced. Scrolling down the names of the students I came across 'Lopeti' I was familiar with this name and clicked it. It lead me to a blog where Story Starters was their latest post. Reading it I was amazed at how creative he was and how much thought he put into it. Here is my comment : 

Even though he is a Year 6 student, he has the ability to think about himself and what he wants to put down. His class just finished watching a short clip about how important Writing is, and so he done this story starter: 

Image result for story starter

Once upon a time there was a clever boy named Stephen Curry. He was tall and skinny. He had short bushy hair.His eyes were blue like the ocean.He liked to play basketball. He lived with his family in a mansion that had a ginormous pool. His  best friend was Mr Ross, who was the basketball coach and Stephen curry as his sidekick.

One day at school Stephen got in huge trouble He had to go to the principal’s office. All because of Joel . Joel and his mean friend Lopeti were causing all sorts of trouble in the playground and blaming it all on Stephen. Joel said it wasn't me it’s all the new boy Lopeti and Stephen. He’s starting all the fights and calling my mum all sorts of names. Stephen was so sad and angry because he knew it wasn’t him. Instead of reacting and getting into more trouble he sat in his seat and counted counted up to 10…

 

After calming down Stephen said to the principal i have proof that i wasn’t involved in any of this name calling. I was at basketball practice with Mr Ross and he can prove it. Then Stephen and the principal went to talk to Mr Ross who did indeed say that Stephen was at Basketball practice. Then all the attention was back on the two bad boys of school. But what happened next???


As a Writing lover, I was astonished by how complex his work was! Including Super stars, a teacher and his friends. As I was reading I came across a few mistakes, I didn't want to put him down in a harmful way so I started with 'Maybe next time' and continued on with my comment.

Image result for writing

It was great to be back commenting on their blogs again, because I want to see what kind of things they learn and if they're school are like ours. A challenge I faced was when writing the comment, sometimes I didn't know what to say.

Image result for steph curry

Feel free to leave a comment
Many thanks :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment