Pages

Monday 26 June 2017

My Tapa Cloth Design!

I am learning to design my own Tapa Cloth and add in things that are important to me in my life.


 

Here is my own designed Tapa Cloth I have just finished designing. As you can see the the circle part in the middle is a patch, with the area I grew up in and the church I currently attend. There is also half of to major countries, Samoa and Tonga. These represent the cultures my parents are from. The number 2004 represents the year I was born. Now for around it, the cross represent the love and faith I have in Jesus Christ and in his atonement and eternal sacrifice. The stars represent the New Zealand flag as I am a New Zealand born Tongan and Samoan. 

To me, the Tongan and Samoan Language are very important not only for me but also for my younger siblings who look up to me as a older leader. In the top left hand corner it the people all together represent my family, we help each other through times of need and when we are down we help each other and get everyone back on the right track. 

Overall, I think that I could've added in more but these things are what really matter in my life, I'm sure I will experience more things as I grow up into an adult. A challenge I went through during designing my Tapa Cloth was thinking. I could've added in more, but I felt like too much work would make it detailed too much and potentially ruin it. 

Feel free to leave a comment.
Many thanks :)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello gary first of all what site did you design it on besides this is awesome work and this is really quality keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Kira, I appreciate your comment.

Post a Comment