Pages

Tuesday 5 July 2016

BFG Reflection.

Today my class and I have finished reading the Book “The BFG” written and published by Roald Dahl. Our task is to choose one key idea and find examples in the text relating to my key idea. The bond between Sophie and the BFG soon becomes stronger, they are inseparable.


WALT: Choose a key idea and reflect on it, and also find examples in the text relating to it.


Key Idea: Ako (Reciprocal Learning)


Example 1: Both Sophie and the BFG show Ako by teaching each other different things about where they come from. In the end Sophie teaches the BFG to write and read, In each part of the book the BFG tells stories about his life, and about the other 9 man eating giants. I think this relates to my key idea because showing Ako can help you understand and find out new things about each other, just like Sophie and the BFG.


Example 2: In the beginning of the book the BFG teaches Sophie what to do when the other giants are around. He also shows her how to catch dreams, he catches dream in a fancy way. How he catches them? He catches them with a net. He also makes Sophie taste his own drink Frobscottle. You make Frobscottle with soft drink and a bit of water, it also has the power to make the drinker fly! I think this relates to my key idea because even though giants are supposed to be ugly and scary the BFG however is kind and gentle. He also saved the lives of millions of people!

Here is my reflection about the book "The BFG" written and published by Roald Dahl. My class and I have finished reading the book! I recommend this book for children in primary, because most giants are believed to be ugly and scary, but the BFG however is truly different! Please leave a comment!  Many thanks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment