Pages

Wednesday 27 July 2016

Maths With Ms Pine

"I have not FAILED. I've just found 10,000 ways that WON'T work" Thomas Edison. I find this quote very inspiring because it helps those who don't think they're unique, unique.

Today we had the privilege of having Ms Pine in our class for Maths time. She is a well experienced teacher when it comes to Maths. The activity was teacher's were planning the student's school camp. For their activities students were put into groups of different sizes depending on the activities for that day. They were given bars of chocolate as a snack. My group completed the activity of fifteen bars to the eight children going to orienteering. We had to share the bars equally amongst the eight children. Here is our working out.

It's a bit messy but in the end we got through it.
I would like to thank Ms Pine for giving up her time to come and teach our class during maths time. The main purpose of this activity was using Fractions. I'm not really good at maths but I showed a growth mindset and never gave up. We didn't do it on our own, Whaea Vicky helped us along the way!
We worked hard together as a group to come up with the answer. I participated in the group by adding the fractions together. The HIGHLIGHT of the group was having the teacher helps us along the way. Another highlight was hearing the other group's strategy of getting the answer. The answer's were very similar!



Thanks for having the time to read my reflection!
Please leave a comment!
Many thanks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment