Pages

Wednesday 21 June 2017

Tree Planting Reflection

WALT: Reflect on an experience using the SOLO thinking framework. 

Yesterday, we went to a tree planting programme, where planting trees was the main priority of the whole thing. My group was one of the few that managed to plant more than 10 seedlings! I was in the most hardworking team because most of the others didn't bother to help those who needed help and we just went around looking for more seedlings to plant. At first I thought it was going to be boring because I wasn't into planting, but once my group started it wasn't as boring as I thought it was going to be.

Other schools were their too, but I reckon our school was the best. Not only did we plant a lot of plants, but we were the only school that managed to come up with a Karakia that would help our plants grow into massive trees! We made the Karakia to pray to the Maori Ancestors to help the plant grow as it is a descendant of them all. I was all muddy but at least the work was worth it, giving back to those who helped us become who were are right now.

A challenge I found during this time was getting the spade into the soil, some of it was hard and soft, but it was a challenge to me to help my work on my triceps and biceps.

Feel free to leave a comment.
Many thanks :P 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really like your background

Anonymous said...

Great Blog i have never seen this much writing Keep up the Awesome work.

Anonymous said...

Hi gary i like how you put detail in your work

Anonymous said...

sup gary its me eves cousin but the name was wrong. it was supose to be dereon. anyway i like your school wor. keep up with the good things in class

Anonymous said...

hi gray,
I like your writing how you guys went to the trip which is amazing and keep the wonderful good work.

Anonymous said...

hI gary I really like your work gary keep it up gary in class?

Post a Comment