Pages

Monday 13 February 2017

Humid Heat Wave Hit's Australia!

I am learning to write about a heat wave hitting Australia.

A humid heatwave has hit New South Wales making it the hottest February day on record. 
Beaches located in the NSW region were filled with people within the seconds. But out west, things were much worse. With no sea breeze the temperatures hit 47 Degrees Celsius in some areas, that made the town of Ivanhoe the hottest place on the planet on Saturday! 
Image result for australia
A resident form one of the town's commented "It’s very hot, so it’s a bit like you’ve just opened the oven door. When you’re in the sun it feels like the sun is burning you pretty much straight away,” Almost 40 people at the most were hospitalised with heat stroke, while eight children and a dozen pets were rescued from locked cars. But the biggest concern from local fire stations are ... FIRES. With the heat being so dramatically high the risk of fires are common while the Australian Energy Market Operator has warned of possible power shortages due to increased demand. 


What do I think about this article?...

For starters,  I always knew Australia was one of the hottest places on the planet now after reading this article I have some evidence to prove it. But I never thought that the temperature would reach that high, it seems like something out of the blue. If I lived in Australia I would be out of the house and in the cool waters of the beach. Imagine the temperature of New Zealand being that high, many people would be sick and other people would be filling up the beaches. 

Here is my S.S.R reflection.
Something that I enjoyed during this task was finding out that Australia was the hottest place on the planet on Saturday, and being able to give my thoughts about this article. To be very honest I don't know a challenge that I faced during this task, my next steps for learning is to find out more about articles if it doesn't give enough information.

Please leave a comment!
Many thanks




0 comments:

Post a Comment