Pages

Friday 14 October 2016

15 minutes FREE TIME

Today I will be talking about my class’s free 15 minutes! We were meant to go down to the library but unfortunately it was closed for today. It was one of my friends birthday today… Metui!... With nothing to do, our teacher asked the class, what we wanted to do… Metui answered, and that’s when the real fun began!

We had just finished coming back from Morning Tea. I sat in my normal seat and monitored the clock, high above the classroom door. It was 11:25am. My class had been assigned a task to research some facts about the country Jamaica! Did you know that the capital and largest city in Jamaica is Kingston? I was fascinated by this fact because Kingston is my older cousin’s name. I opened up a new DLO, and started typing my facts, I typed for about 15 minutes, and within that time I began learning more and more about this country. Some of the facts, I didn’t even know! Some facts are more tricky, like… Figuring out the current population of the country!

I looked at the clock once again, 11:45am. I finished my task, blogged it and began paying attention to my classroom. Nothing but Silence. I was amazed at the volume, of course, we are meant to be quiet, but this time, it was too quiet. Only the sound of the blinds and passing vehicles could be heard from my classroom. I looked at the clock again, 11:55. I was beginning to lose patience, but I decided to look up more facts about Jamaica, which got me into wanting to find out more! “Alright guys, close you netbooks” Miss Komor, always had a light tuned voice, but not all the time. “I forgot the library was closed, so what do you guys want to do?” My class raised our hands like crazy, like a bunch of monkeys.

But only one hand shone above all ours. Metui’s! We all left the decision to Metui, he would choose what the whole class did. It took a while for him to choose, which made the class lose patience.. Then finally he said, “Miss can we go outside?” Miss Komor, agreed and soon we were outside in no time. The boys in my class played 15 minutes of rugby, it was funny because it was only my class.

Then it was time to come back to class, I didn’t want to but we HAD to…  I hope that next time we could go out again, but this time longer.

Here is my writing about our 15 minutes free time!
It was an amazing experience, and I hope we can go outside again!
Please leave a comment!
Many thanks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment