Pages

Monday 10 October 2016

Kiwi Can Reflection

WALT: Reflect on our Kiwi Can experience.

Today for Kiwi Can it was a bit different since it's our first day back in 2 weeks. Starting Kiwi Can we played a game, we got into 4 groups and picked a different school value! My group chose "Manaakitanga" meaning "Caring For Others" Here are a few questions I am going to answer:

What are our school values?
What do they mean?

We have 5 school values that we must keep in order to sustain a safe environment for the kids that attend our school. They are : Manaakitanga,Whanaungatanga,Tukumarie,Rangimarie and Ako. Each one represents a different value: Manaakitanga: Caring For Others. Whanaungatanga: Building Relationships. Tukumarie: Tolerance. Rangimarie: Peace and Ako: Reciprocal Learning!

I will break these up for better understanding.. Caring For Others, this is talking about caring for others when their hurt, bullied or mocked. Building Relationships, this is talking about building strong connections with those you don't know, or new people at our school. Tolerance, Tolerance is important at our school as there is a mix of different cultures, I'm a Samoan, along with 2 others in my class. So not mocking other people's culture because they're different from you. Peace, there are a lot of times when we have arguments over small things, without Peace there would be war everywhere! So keeping Peace is very important. Reciprocal Learning, you don't only have to show this value in school but outside as well! Reciprocal learning is learning from each other, so you could teach your parents how to speak English while they teach you how to speak your home language!

It looks very complex to learn, but as a student who has been coming to Tamaki Primary for 6 years, I have to learn all these values. Next year will be my last so I have to keep my grades up!

I can show these value outside of school by...

I can show Ako outside school by teaching my younger brother's some new tricks, while they do the same to me.

I can show Manaakitanga outside school by help elderly people cross the road! 

What game did you play wit Mr.M when he was pointing with the spoon?

I don't really know the name of the game... 

What did you enjoy most about Kiwi Can today?

The thing that I enjoyed the most was being able to observe and listen to the different things other people had to show.

What did your group share? A poem?, rap? or role play?

My group shared a role play with the class, but it wasn't appropriate for school. I wasn't the one who said it but, I was in the group so it was my problem too.

My favourite group that performed today was James's group! There group was the only one which did a play. It was all about James getting wasted, doesn't have clear vision, mistakes a man for a women and wants to flirt with her, but it goes all wrong!

Next week I hope to create a class chant and hopefully people will make more responsible choices!

Please leave a comment!
Many thanks!


















0 comments:

Post a Comment