Pages

Monday 10 October 2016

Magic Square (Maths Activity)

WALT: Solve different numbers and different strategies using only numbers from 1-12. Today for Maths we had an activity called "Magic Square" This activity was about adding numbers up to 24. Not every number will be used, and you can only use the number once. I completed the activity 2nd overall in my class! It doesn't matter about the speed but just how you got the answer and how did you get there. I have got a few questions for myself to answer...

How did you solve it?
I solved the task by using the numbers already given, they gave me an advantage because I instantly knew which numbers to choose. In the end I got it right!

What strategy did you use?
I used Place Value.

What did you do to check your work?
I asked if I could look at other people's work, but people who had already finished. That way I could check if it was right or wrong. But what happened if they had a mistake??? No need to worry because my teacher approved my work.

How were you responsible for you learning?
I was responsible for my learning by taking the time to think, I didn't want to talk because I knew it would hold me back from finishing my work!

Thanks for having the time to read my reflection!
I only had 3 rows (3x3) Next time I should try and use more complex ones!
*Many thanks*



0 comments:

Post a Comment