Pages

Thursday 1 December 2016

Camp Raglan Reflection

I am learning to reflect on my experience while at camp. 

I enjoyed a lot of things at camp, from the team building challenges to the Flying Fox and Archery. But the thing I found enjoyable the most was the Air Rifles, the reason for this is because it was my first time shooting from a Air Rifle. At first, I thought the gun would be light because of it’s name but it turned out to be heavier than I thought… But it wasn’t that heavy. The first time I had a go I missed all my shots, but as I got another turn I knew how to aim and got all my shots on the target. I was proud of myself but I ended up losing my target… I found getting ready for camera’s a real challenge because some of the photo’s that I’m in, I ain’t even ready yet.

That is embarrassing. I also found keeping our cabin fresh and tidy a challenge because boys are boys and the smell of boys.. Smell normal… My favourite memory for me was probably the Bonfire night, I think this because a small group of boys turned into a big group of wonderful singers. We sang through the night flashing our torches high into the night sky. We also had a FiaFia Night, FiaFia night was funny because everyone had the courage to step out of their shells and shine their amazing talents. I was surprised when some people, stood up on stage performing , some people I thought, who wouldn’t have the courage.

Some of the performances made me laugh, because they were too funny. I didn't imagine my friend Pio having the courage to do a dance in front of us! Everyone started laughing, because well he should grow up to be a comedian. As we laughed throughout the night it was getting late and soon we had to go to bed. I wasn't looking forward to going to bed because it would be the last night we would sleep at Camp Raglan and I didn't want to leave. But we had to, just hearing people talking about us leaving Camp made me want to stay longer... Unfortunately it didn't happen... Why couldn't camp be for 2 weeks???

Here is my camp reflection, it's not much but I gave it my best shot.
Leaving Camp Raglan was a real upset for me because I was enjoying it so much! I found staying at Camp a real pleasure, and leaving camp a real challenge!
I would like to thank my team CKQ (Cultural Kings and Queens) for all their support, we wouldn't have broken a record if they weren't here for me.

Please leave a comment!
Many thanks!

Image result for camp raglan




0 comments:

Post a Comment