Pages

Monday 8 August 2016

Reflection on KiwiSport - Badminton

WALT: Have Control when hitting the shuttle to our partner.

So today for KiwiSport we practised on having control when hitting the shuttle, our trainers Kevin and Ben are very experienced at Badminton they can do all kind of shots . My buddy for today was James, at times he can be a little annoying but we still make it. My strength for today was using my backhand to hit the shuttle, only today did I notice that I hit the shuttle more when using my backhand.

 When using my forehand I miss the shuttle too many times, so I need to improve on using my forehand skills. For next week I would like to have more time at challenging my buddy, so that we both know each other's weaknesses and strengths. Having control while playing Badminton is a very much needed skill, not only do you need control you also need to time your shot perfectly. Too late, you'll miss, too early, you'll miss but right timing...... YOU HIT.

At first I thought it was going to be boring but I turned out to be wrong, just like they say "Don't judge a book by it's cover" I used this famous saying and used it for Badminton. "Don't judge a sport by it's name or trainers" I look forward to spending more time with Kevin and Ben!


Please leave a comment!
Many thanks!

Image result for badminton

0 comments:

Post a Comment