Pages

Monday 15 May 2017

Kiwisport Reflection

IALT: Write about my KiwiSport Experience.

Today we had our 2nd KiwiSport session, this term we have a different sport, Basketball. Last term we did Skateboarding and Badminton this term we are doing Basketball. Basketball is one of my favourite sports because I like to both block and shoot. During this time I enjoyed the way we got to practise on how to pass properly, in a basketball game the ball moves faster than the players so we had to practise passing so when we played in a real game we didn't have to concentrate too hard on which type of pass we had to use. 

Image result for Chest Pass

We practised, 3 different types of passing, Overhead Pass, Chest Pass, Bounce Pass. The easiest one for me was the Chest Pass my accuracy was high, I managed to pass the ball directly to the chest of my partner Matthew. The hardest pass was the Overhead pass, I had to take a step before passing but at the same times my elbows were getting sore and soon all my power in my arms decreased. We also played a game in which we had to practise passing and laying up. At first I didn't quite understand but I quickly released what to do pretty quick. I was proud of myself when I got my shot in. Finally it was time to finish. This week's session was amazing and I look forward to playing again next week. 

Please leave a comment!
Many thanks

0 comments:

Post a Comment