Pages

Monday 29 May 2017

Maths Reflection

IALT: Write about what I did during Maths time. 

Image result for Maths

Today in Maths I didn't answer the first question until 10 minutes had gone by, I was busy arguing  with a few of my peers on what the answer was. I was first working with Demetrius, he was working with another 2 people in our group Losana and Leilani when he decided to make a copy of their work and work with me. I closely examined their work and found out that they didn't quite answer the question properly. Well I thought I got the actual answer, but instead of arguing over which was the actual one, we decided to merge and work as one. We worked together as a group to finish some of the questions and assist with answers and strategies. 
At first I felt like I was the only one who didn't get the question, but as I continued to read the question and really think about it I got the answer. Here are the questions and answers we came up with:

Activity
  1. Ari was ordering 4 tickets for a concert .She multiplied the ticket price payed by four and added on the Booking Fee of $6.She got $70.How much did one ticket cost?

Answer: The answer is $16 because in the question it states that she multiplied the price of four tickets and added on the booking fee of $6. And got $70. So I’m thinking the price of four tickets is $64 because with the booking fee she had $70. And if you divide 4 by 64 it’ll equal 16.

2. Sam bought three identical watches. He paid a total of $90. How  much was each watch before the discount was taken off?

Answer: The answer is $30 because the question says how much was each watch before the discount was taken off. In addition 30 x 3 = 90

Image result for Maths

The first question really challenged me, while Leilani and Losana answered the 2nd question. I am going to finish the other questions and blog them so that you guys know that after I blog and don't finish work, I bin it. Although this doesn't look like much, I found the first one challenging because I didn't quite get it in the beginning. When I finally did get it and the second one, it was time to blog. I thought next time I need to manage my time wisely and keep track of the time.

A challenge I found was when I had to answer the first question, it challenged me alot, but when I did manage to finish, it was too late. I enjoyed working together with my group because I had assistance on questions I didn't know.

Feel free to leave a comment.
Many thanks

0 comments:

Post a Comment