Pages

Tuesday 13 September 2016

Narrative Writing

Write a narrative about a day in the life of a farmer…


Today I will be talking about me being a farmer, Imagine being responsible for over 5,000 animals?

Write a narrative about a day in the life of a farmer…


Today I will be talking about me being a farmer, Imagine being responsible for over 5,000 animals?

It was Monday morning, and I had just bought, 1,200 cows. I battled it out for top spot, it was a very hard auction but in the end… I ALWAYS come out with the highest price. I paid a total of 3,500 for the lot. My old mate Raena was there, she always fell behind me. Sorry, I almost forgot, my name is Metui and I’m 55 years old.


I had been a farmer for almost 21 years, and in those years I have seen many of my animals die, and some grow up to be some of the most talented I’ve ever seen. I had 3 children, all boys. My wife died 3 years ago, and my sons moved away to raise their children. I hadn’t seen my family in about 5 years. I was sure that I’d been vanished out of their memory.


I was the proud owner, of 1,200 cows, 1,500 sheep, 200 chickens, 20 large pigs, 5 spectacular horses, 10 donkeys, 1 rooster, 15  farm dogs, and 3 cats.  


I treat them like a family, because they're the only company I have for almost 500 kilometres. I grew up as a farmer, the most disturbing job I have to do is…  Pick up droppings and bury dead animals.


Being a farmer is amazing and fun, one of my highlights of my job is watching newborn animals come to life. Also being able to pick eggs. My farm is located next to a massive forest, about 4,500 acres. It is home to many deadly animals that feast on my livestock. Wolves target my cows and horses, while fox’s target my chickens, it breaks my heart to see that I have to kill other animals in order to save others.


My worst nightmare occurred last year, my favourite farm dogs Bucky, Sargeant, and Mistik found a wild hog. Snapping at its chubby stomach Mistik was stabbed by one of the hog’s sharp tusks, he howled in pain but I trained him to never give up. At last the 3 dogs managed to turn the hog onto it’s back. I quickly picked up my rifle and shot it straight in the head.


While loading the hog I heard screams of pain, barking and growling. I looked around and noticed only Sargeant and Mistik was sitting by the car! “Bucky, Bucky, come here boy” No reply. “Bucky!” No reply.
I began to worry that the screams of pain was coming from Bucky. I whistled for Sergeant and Mistik to follow me, it was sundown. We would begin our search in the dark.


Mistik and Sergeant scurred ahead sniffing the train in front of us. I was struggling to keep up with them but, I found them… Stiff as stone, tail pointing, towards a small underground hole. Traces of blood led the way, then I heard grunts of anger and hunger. I peeked into the hole. *Pause*. And saw Bucky, he was a white dog and he was covered in blood. I picked him up and then took him to the park. I was distracted by Bucky that I forgot the grunting of something unknown. I quickly observed the surrounding perimeter until big, wide, angry red looking eyes were looking straight at me, as if someone was wanting revenge.  


I knew exactly what it was, I had encountered the animal before. It was the most ferocious animal I have ever met. The animal tuck tail and ran straight towards me …. To Be Continued


Thanks for having the time to read my Narrative.

Here is my Writing Narrative about me being a farmer...
Actually what if I was a farmer? That would be CRAZY..
I will be releasing part 2 soon....

Please leave a comment!

0 comments:

Post a Comment