Pages

Thursday 7 September 2017

Ancestry Poem


IALT: Describe what I learnt while writing my Ancestor Poem. 

Today, during the middle block. My class had the opportunity to finish up on our ancestry poems. At first, I didn't really want to work on this, but in the end I really enjoyed writing one! This task challenged me to really think, and connect with my inner self.  I got some ideas from other poems, but the rest I thought of myself. 

I loved writing about my ancestors, because I know so little about them. So I have made a goal for myself, and that is to learn about my ancestors before I finish my time here on Earth. As a proud Tongan and Samoan child, I am lucky I can understand both languages, but I can't speak them which is a shame. 

But I will learn when I am growing older. Something challenging I found was when I had to write about my ancestors , something I enjoyed was using language features in my writing. 

Feel free to leave a comment.
Many thanks :) 

Image result for tonga and samoa coat of arms



0 comments:

Post a Comment