Pages

Friday 8 September 2017

Tongan Language Week Reflection

IALT: Write about my experience during the celebration of the Tongan culture at my school.

Yesterday it wasn't a normal day, our routine was out of place and we had a whole school assembly in the last block. Along with some parents. But that didn't stop our class from learning, everyone was eager to witness what our staff and students had planned. We had our assembly to acknowledge the Tongan Language Week. As a proud Tongan and Samoan teenager, I was determined to show proudness in both cultures, and respect it. 

Image result for Tonga

I hosted the assembly, and to be honest I felt very nervous because there was heaps of people. And I was scared I would've pronounced a word wrong. But in the end I didn't and I witnessed some impressive performances. I was amazed at how strong the performances was, and it seemed like it took a long time to finish. Even the teachers performed. 


As the host, I had to thank the performers and introduce the next. Every single class had something to share, and all the parents who came looked proud. Some of the parents came with traditional artifacts, and displayed them around the hall. 


Feel free to leave a comment.
Many thanks :P 








0 comments:

Post a Comment