Pages

Tuesday 14 February 2017

KiwiCan Reflection

IALT: Reflect on what we did in Kiwi Can today. 

Today just before lunch we had our Kiwi Can session, it felt good to have Kiwi Can again because we missed out last week's session because the Kiwi Can leaders left early. As we walked down the corridors to the Music room, we stood outside the Music room and waited for Ms Latoya to come out, she gave us all a number and told us to go inside where Mr M was waiting he told us to sit in 4 lines according to what number we got. I was in group 3 and so was Siale, Losana, Ana, Faith, Agnes and Rosemary.  At first Mr M said we were going to play a game using names of Fruits, the fruit's were Apple,Orange,Banana and Pear. I didn't know what Mr M meant at first but then he told the class that it was dance moves. The dance moves are like this; Apple, Hips to the right, Pear, Hips to the left, Orange, Jump to the front and Banana, jump to the back. 
Image result for Apple,Orange,Banana and Pear.
Mr M chose my group to go first, so we showed the other groups how it's done. Mr M played a beat on the drum and called out the fruits we did the dance moves it looked really funny. After a few go's with each team everyone had a turn together. Then after all the dancing we got straight into the learning, the questions for this week was 'How do we show active listening?' and 'Is it good to ask questions?' For me I think showing active listening is repeating what the teacher/coach/leader has said to you. For example, if the teacher asks you how to solve a problem and he/she asks you, you can repeat what they said and to me I think that is active listening. 
Image result for active listening clipart
Asking questions for me personal is something that everyone should have the courage to do. Asking questions is good because you could get a better understanding of something if you're stuck on it. Through the other classes I have been in, I've noticed some people who are too shy to ask questions because they might be scared of being judged by people. Even I ask questions, because I don't want to sit around doing nothing and when the teacher asks what you've done, I don't want to say "Nothing". 
Image result for acting
Then, after answering the questions we had to do a group task where we had to make sounds of a different place like a Hospital, Haunted House, Party etc. The girls and boys in my group split into two and we did our own thing. Me and my buddy Siale came up with the idea of making sounds from a Hospital. It was funny at first because Siale was making these weird noises that cracked me up. Meanwhile, the girls were doing their own thing and soon it was time to show what we had done. It was cool watching everyone else's play the same with us. I saw everyone hooked into the teaching of the Kiwi Can leaders, but sadly it was time to go back to class. 
Image result for Kiwi Can
We haven't made up a class chant, but Mr M said to work on it next week. We thanked Mr M and Ms Latoya for their time and teachings and headed up back to class. 

Something that I enjoyed during our time at Kiwi Can was being able to be hooked back into the teaching of the Kiwi Can leaders and be able to learn about things in life and how to 'go with the flow' Kiwi Can is an amazing program where classes in our school get to learn something that they haven't heard before or hasn't heard in awhile. My goal for next week's session is working on one of the Key Competencies, Participating and Contributing because the boys split from the girls and that wasn't ok. So my goal is to stay together as a group to achieve more.Image result for Kiwi Can Fale

Here is my Kiwi Can reflection for this week. Kiwi Can was an amazing experience for me because I haven't seen them in a while, since the school holidays started. It was fun to be back in their program. Next week I hope my group can stay as one and not split. 

Please leave a comment.
Many thanks





0 comments:

Post a Comment