Pages

Monday 13 February 2017

Kiwi Sport (Badminton)

I am learning to write about our first Kiwi Sport session this year.

This morning our class went down to our school hall for our first Kiwi Sport session. I was looking forward to it because last week we missed out due to Waitangi day. The sport we played was Badminton, I reckoned I was a pro at it because we had Badminton last year and I still remembered the coaches names, and how to hold the racket. This year is different because there was only one coach and his name is Ben, he was here last year with his companion Kevin but Kevin wasn't here. 

For Badminton we used a racket and a shuttle. You use the racket to hit the shuttle in the air, there are a few simple rules that come with these pieces of equipment, you are not allowed to hit the racket towards a wall, friend, or the floor as it can damage it. A rule for the shuttle is that you're not allowed to aim the shuttle at anyone because it can cause some serious injury if it comes in contact with your eyes.

There are 2 different kind of grips to hold the racket, one forehand and one backhand. For me I think that the forehand grip is easier for me because I can have control of the racket and I hit the shuttle accurately. When using both grips you can get mixed up so an easy way to remember both grips is that when you use forehand you hold the racket as if you are holding a pan and the backhand is holding the racket like you are shaking someone's hand.

It might seem like a lot of work but once you get into the habit of using bother grips you can soon teach someone else who is having trouble. 

My next learning steps for me is to remember the difference between both grips and to have control when hitting the shuttle. On T.V Badminton doesn't look entertaining but once you play it feels exhausting and fun! My partner for this week was Siale, next week I hope I can teach him to take somethings seriously but at the same time, we're having fun.

Thanks for having the time to read my reflection about Kiwi Sport.
I am looking forward to next week and hope to learn some more new tricks.
Photos:






Here is my reflection about our first Kiwisport session.
It wad fun and next week I hope to have learnt some more new tricks.
Something that I enjoyed during this week's session was being able to challenge my friends to see who is better. Sometimes I win, sometimes I don't. A challenge that I found during this session was holding the racket in both grips, sometimes I get mixed up but in the end I know I will get there.

Please leave a comment!
Many thanks! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment