Pages

Wednesday 15 February 2017

Counting numbers in Maori

WALA: Value of numbers using the Maori counting system.

Today we had a 'Learning Languages' session, for this week's session we called out random numbers and then we had to try and say them in Maori, for me I thought it was very tricky because I didn't know how to count up to numbers like 600 in Maori. Something that I enjoyed during this time was that other students said the numbers in their own language like Tongan, Samoan and Maori. We used a website called 'Random Number Generator' that generates numbers randomly.

 A challenge I faced was not being able to give the correct answers, but at the same time it's ok to try. My next steps in learning is to learn how to say numbers in Maori so that I am prepared to give the answer when Ms Komor asks me. 

Please leave a comment!
Many thanks

0 comments:

Post a Comment